Registers have not been released by the following parishes to the Archives: Cranbrook (from 1857), Frittenden (from 1837), Goudhurst (from 1888) and Sissinghurst (from 1854). So you may be aware of the existence of a marriage which does not appear in this index.
- Benenden (to 1911)
- Cranbrook (to 1857 only)*
- Frittenden (to 30 June 1837 only)*
- Goudhurst (to 1888 only)*
- Hawkhurst (to 1911)
- Kilndown (from 1843)
- Sandhurst (to 1911)
Sissinghurst: Part of Cranbrook parish. Has not handed in the marriage register for marriages starting 1854.
From 1 July 1837 there may also have been marriages in the Cranbrook Register Office and in the various non-conformist chapels which existed in these parishes. Among these chapels were (in 1859):
- Benenden: Dissenting Meeting House
- Cranbrook: Seven places of worship for dissenters
- Sandhurst: Weslyan and Baptist chapels
Registers used in this Index
Indexed by David Hills, August-October 2002